How does acupuncture work?
Acupuncture effects every major system of the body, including the circulatory, genitourinary, endocrine, immune systems, cerebral, cardiac and gastrointestinal.
- Acupuncture promotes blood flow. Blood contains oxygen, nutrients, immune substances, hormones, analgesics, and anti-inflammatory compounds. Acupuncture is proven to improve circulation.
- Acupuncture reduces stress. Acupuncture stimulates the release of oxytocin, which regulates the parasympathetic nervous system to promote restoration and healing.
- Acupuncture stimulates the body’s built-in healing mechanisms. Acupuncture stimulates the body’s ability to spontaneously heal injuries to the tissue.
- Acupuncture releases natural painkillers. Acupuncture signals to release chemicals such as endorphins, norepinephrine
- Acupuncture relaxes shortened muscles. Acupuncture releases pressure on joint structures and nerves, promotes blood flow and stimulates healing.
|Complimentary Meet & Greet (15 min)||$0|
|Initial General Acupuncture Assessment & Treatment
|Initial Women’s Reproductive Health/Fertility Assessment & Treatment
|Initial Men’s Reproductive Health/Fertility Assessment & Treatment
|Initial Pregnancy Assessment & Treatment (60 Min)||$95|
|Follow-up Acupuncture (60 min)||$90|
|Follow-up Acupuncture (45 min)||$75|
|Follow-up Acupuncture (30 min)||$60|
All pricing reflects 2018 rates.
Speciality: Reproductive Health/Fertility
“Whether you want to improve your fertility, require pregnancy support or are having pain or insomnia – I have the skills, education
Over thousands of treatments, Sean has successfully assisted men and women with fertility and reproductive health concerns, supported IVF cycles, treated women at all stages of pregnancy, supported stress reduction and related symptoms, and worked closely with chronic and acute pain management and healing.
Sean is incredibly passionate about the power of acupuncture to get people healthy and keep them healthy. He communicates clearly and understands individuals needs in order to develop a plan that is sustainable. Sean wants to get you well and then give you the tools to keep yourself well. After that he wants you to tell your friends and family how wonderful Chinese medicine is too!
“I believe we should take a closer look a the smaller details of our health, growing an awareness and connection to our bodies, leading to sustainable change.”
Sean’s philosophy on health is that Western medicine excels at life-threatening illness and acute interventions and that Chinese medicine is superior at getting and staying healthy. He believes that traditional and modern medicine should complement each other to best serve the patient.
He graduated from the respected International College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Vancouver and is a fellow of ABORM (American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine) while completing postgraduate studies in reproductive health and pain management. He has additional degrees from the University of Toronto and
When not in the clinic Sean loves spending time with his wife and two daughters, gardening, playing music or immersing himself in nature and exploring all the amazing things that Kingston and the Thousand Islands have to offer.
Absolutely beautiful space and wonderful staff.
We are happy to answer your questions!